myCSUNbox is CSUN's secure cloud-based storage and collaboration solution that gives students, faculty and staff the ability to access content at any time, from any device. All users are automatically provided with an individual account and university divisions, colleges, departments, and other groups such as committees can request a group account by contacting the IT Help Center.
How do I get started with myCSUNbox?
Sign in to https://mycsun.app.box.com/ with your CSUN user ID and password. Once you are logged in to your account, add collaborators and begin collaborating using a user's userID@csun.edu. If you don't know the user ID, search for the user within Box or request it from the user.
If you are a CSUN student, faculty or staff, you are automatically issued an individual myCSUNbox account. Use your individual account to store and share files that belong to you.
Divisions, colleges, departments, and other groups such as committees can obtain a group account by contacting the IT Help Center. Use group accounts to store and share files that belong to the group. If you have been granted access to a group account, it will appear as a folder with the group's name when you log in to myCSUNbox.
Best Practices for Group Accounts
- Owning a group account and adding group members – Each group account should have at least two co-owners; they are responsible for adding group members and owners for any subfolders.
- Naming your group account and creating subfolders – The IT Help Center will use your division, college, department, or committee's name for your group account's name. For divisions and colleges, your folder structure should mirror your organizational structure. For committees, use your committee's name.
- Sharing folders – When sharing a folder, share the highest-level folder accessed by that user; this will help reduce the number of folders in a user's account.
How do I access an accessible version of myCSUNbox?
To access an accessible version of myCSUNbox:
- Go to a.box.com
- Enter your CSUN Email Address and Password, and then select the Log In button.
- A CSUN log in page displays. Enter your CSUN User ID and Password, and then select the Login button.
- The accessible version of myCSUNBox displays.
For more information on A.Box.Com, visit the Using A.Box.Com for Accessibility page.
What's New in myCSUNbox?
myCSUNbox users can now collaborate in real-time by using Office Online. Edit a file at the same time as colleagues and external partners and see all changes being made as they happen. Whether it's a project plan in Word, sales proposal in PowerPoint or financial plan in Excel, you can edit it in real-time with others, in Box. All edits automatically save, avoiding version conflict - plus, you can pull up a previous version to reference old content whenever needed.
To see how it works, check out Box for Office Online with Real-Time Co-Authoring.
How can I get the most out of using myCSUNbox?
View the Box Add-Ons and Apps document to learn about add-ons for your desktop, laptop and apps for your mobile devices; these will will help you get the most out of your myCSUNbox account.
What type of data can I store in myCSUNbox?
To learn how the CSU classifies confidential data, visit CSUN's Protected Data page.
|Data Types||Ok||Not Ok|
Data classified as Level 1 Confidential (e.g. Social Security numbers and credit card numbers)
Data classified as Level 2 Internal (e.g. Birth dates, student information, employee information). Files storing Level 2 data should be encrypted. View a guide for encryption and password protection for documents.
Data classified as Level 3 General (e.g. Any file that does not contain confidential such as project documents, committee agendas and minutes, PowerPoint presentations, event flyers, etc.)
Where can I get training for myCSUNbox?
Box Help and Lynda.csun.edu offer an extensive library of resources for all users. We have compiled some of the most popular resources on the right-hand side under Top Quick Guides to Get Started and Top Short Videos.